Jobs at Footsteps
Nursery Key Worker
Nursery Key Worker
Term Time Only
Hours: 7:40am - 4:00pm
We are looking for a confident Early Years practitioner, who is looking for a new challenge. You will be motivated to hit the ground running and add value to our fun and hardworking team. You will thrive in a busy environment, and always be on hand with new ideas and activities. You will be confident in all areas of the EYFS and implement it accordingly.
Footsteps Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practices and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
- To work as a key carer and as part of the nursery school team under the direction of the managers.
- To provide safe, caring, stimulating, fun and high-quality setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow our positive teamwork guidelines:
- Display a cooperative and positive attitude
- Offer solutions to team problems, not complaints
- Support team members’ ideas & suggestions
- Offer to assist others when time is available
- Make positive comments about team members
- Ask for others ideas & demonstrate consideration of others
- Assist other team members when they ask for help
- To assist in the provision of an attractive and stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to the ages and needs of the children, which encourage independence, self-motivation and an eagerness to learn.
- Liaise with parents/carers ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- Ensuring your key priority during all sessions is the children and that quality interactions are taking place at all times.
- Delivering, stories, music and circle time activates.
- Contributing regularly to the in the in the moment weekly planning sheets
- Planning in advance for focused activities weekly
- To be a key carer for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording each child’s development. Ensuring records are accurate and up to date. Famly records must remain strictly confidential at all times.
- To be responsible for the re-stocking, tidiness and development of a designated area within the nursery.
- To assist in the daily domestic management of the nursery ensuring it is kept safe, secure and clean at all times. Being prepared to help, as necessary, with tasks such as cleaning and laundry.
- To attend staff meetings and training as necessary.
- To be committed to continued professional development by regular appraisal and goal setting.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff learned as part of the job. This includes online networking and forums.
- You must hold an NVQ2 in childcare, equivalent or above.
- Had previous employed experience working with 0-5-year-olds.
- Keyworker experience.
- Paediatric first aid training in date.
- Safeguarding training.
- British values and prevent training.
- Food hygiene training.
Please include in your cover letter:
- How you meet the job criteria
- How your previous experience is relevant to the role
- Why you are a good fit for the role
- What interests you in working for us